General Description of Position: The primary function of this position is the cleaning and general upkeep of facilities in assigned area.
Essential Duties of the Position:
1. This position requires that the employee read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
2. This position requires that the employee report to work/training as scheduled, stay awake and alert during work/training, and follow company policy for arranging time away from work.
3. This position requires that the employee follow all policies and procedures at all times and as written unless official accommodation or dispensation is given by the Executive Director.
4. Employees in this position will interact with colleagues and participants professionally and in a manner consistent with policy.
5. This position will be responsible for cleaning of work sites which requires bending, lifting, reaching,working on hands and knees (any number of possible scenarios may be experienced) and working with and around cleaning supplies.
6. This position is required to be certified and able to perform CPR and First Aid. These components may include, but are not limited to, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
7. This position may require extended periods of sitting, standing or walking for the duration of a work assignment.
8. This position is required to be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted.
Other Expected Duties/Functions/Competencies/Results:
1. This employee is expected to clock in and out for assigned work time as per company policy and methods of the data collection of the organization’s electronic timekeeping system.
2. This position sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space as well as empties trash and garbage containers.
3. This position notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating,and ventilating equipment.
4. This position cleans debris, snow and ice from sidewalk, parking lot and yard areas.
5. The custodian will sanitize bathroom areas.
6. The custodian will use and maintain janitorial equipment as assigned.
7. The custodian will ensure chemicals are labeled with the chemical names if transferred to containers other than original packaging.
8. This position will perform other duties in a manner which are generally expected and consistent with other similar positions.
Job Type: Part-time