District Sales Manager (Rock Springs)
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Coca-Cola is the world’s largest beverage distribution company and has been refreshing the world for over 125 years. Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family-owned independent Bottler where we view you as the heart and soul of our company and strive to improve the quality of life in each community that we serve.
We care for our employees and want you to enjoy life. As a benefit, working with Coca-Cola High Country we offer you 100% employer paid health, dental and 100% paid life insurance.
Aside from fostering an environment for growth and development with Coca-Cola High Country, we want to help you prepare for the future. In addition to our other benefits, we offer a strong 401k plan with a company match along with other supplemental benefits to help secure you and your family’s future. Are you ready to Refresh Your Career?
As a part of the Sales Team, the District Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales and delivery functions for an assigned geographical territory. The District Sales Manager has direct management and leadership responsibility for the sales and delivery team for his/her territory and is responsible for the direction, execution and proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management to ensure expected revenue and volume goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Lead, develop and mentor sales team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment.
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
- Grow revenue through volume and net pricing.
- Grow gross profit through product mix, reduced cost of goods, volume and net pricing.
- Ensure training of new hires and ongoing training of sales team.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that ensure a safe working environment is provided and ensure employees are trained on safe working techniques in the trade.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment, implement employee incentive programs and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Make proper asset placement and removal decisions.
- Set performance goals according to CCBCHC goals and objectives.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business or 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical to managing this business.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of department staff.
- Coach and mentor staff in achieving goals and objectives.
- Provide regular performance feedback.
- Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.