Medical Assistant-Mesa Primary Care
At Wyoming Medical Center, patients are our top priority. As a pivotal partner within the health care delivery team, the Medical Assistant will ensure the delivery of quality patient care, both individually as well as through leadership and delegation to other team members. The Medical Assistant understands and adheres to the standards and recommended practices of applicable professional organizations. She/he constantly guards, protects, and provides the patient with advocacy during all procedures. She/he acts as mentor/instructor and specialty resource. She/he is highly motivated, specialized, and professional in responding to all situations.
- Provides basic patient care, including gathering of data such as vital signs and medical histories.
- Maintains knowledge of and applies principles of standard precautions and body secretions isolation.
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates competency related to age specific needs across the life span.
- Performs basic clerical skills including, but not limited to, computer use, filing, and organizing.
- Demonstrates exemplary phone communications. Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Assists with maintaining par levels of practice supplies.
- Acts in the role of preceptor and/or mentor for new employees.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to new employees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology through completion of educational training or work experience.
- Answers phones and greets patients.
- Coordinates medical tests.
- Schedules appointments.
- Assists physician or licensed independent practitioner during examinations.
- Performs procedural set up.
- Assists with transportation of specimens.
- Coordinates the flow of test results to the physician.
- Performs venipuncture, collection, and preparation of lab specimens as deemed competent.
- Performs electrocardiograms as deemed competent.
- Performs environmental safety checks.
- Reads and utilizes communication materials.
- Stocks rooms.
- Assists with dressing changes/wound care.
- Performs oxygen administration.
- Practices aseptic technique.
- Reports occurrences according to risk management guidelines.
- Maintains quality assurance according to OSHA standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Works in cooperation with other employees.
- Attends and participates in practice meetings.
- Participates in the Performance Appraisal Process and implementation of recommendations.
- Cleans exam rooms per policy.
- Enters lab data into EMR/medical record.
- Performs order entry.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Attends in-services as required.
- Scans records into chart as required.
- Transcribes and/or enters information into an electronic medical record (EMR) or chart at the direction of a physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Assists the physician or licensed independent practitioner in navigating the EMR and/or paper chart to locate medical information to support the work flow and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School or better in Other.
At least one year of experience in a health care setting or medical assistant training, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Apply at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WYO1000WMED/JobBoard/fdc870de-a0bb-d8cc-80a1-87c807552dfe/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ade4604f-c952-4716-bf41-9fa6f22f20bf