Parks and Recreation Worker I - Hogadon (Part-Time)
Hours include evenings and weekends, beginning late November 2020
PART-TIME POSITION WINTER SEASON
Typically, all positions will begin being paid at the beginning of pay range listed above.
Typical Class Essential Duties
2. May receive and verify payments; processes and maintains related records to reconcile and follow City standards relating to accounts receivable tasks.
3. May be required run various errands, including delivering and/or picking-up money.
4. May perform daily lift safety checks including walking lift lines when assigned to Hogadon.
5. May perform basic cleaning and building maintenance tasks.
6. May register participants for classes and programs; may sell tickets and assist with other services offered.
7. May perform basic record keeping and maintenance of record systems.
8. May assist with work on special projects as needed.
9. Provides general customer service and communicates with the public regarding fees, policies, rules and general information about a facility or event within the Parks and Recreation Division.
10. Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public, citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer service demeanor.
11. Follows all City safety procedures. Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to supervisor.
12. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Customer service principles.
- Basic principles of health and sanitation standards.
- Proper use of basic manual tools (if applicable to assignment).
- Work a variety of shifts including weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Be flexible with changing assignments.
- Perform a variety of office and computer tasks (if applicable to assignment).
- Work in holes, dig trenches, climb ladders and clean-up work sites in a neat and orderly fashion (if applicable to assignment).
- Operate concession and cash registers in a safe/efficient manner.
- Carry, stock and transport food supplies, equipment and inventory in a safe manner.
- Safely operate and handle equipment and supplies
- Work around pesticides and in landscapes.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively.
- Learn general layout of facility to provide assistance to patrons.
- Perform basic math when assigned to cash handling assignments.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and direction.
- Basic math.
- Operating in a courteous, knowledgeable and tactful manner with staff and general public.
Training, Experience & Certifications
Training and Experience
- No previous training or experience required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Wyoming Driver's License.
Supplemental Information & Physical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Incumbents may be subject to dusts, odors, chemicals, and extreme climate/weather conditions.
For driving essential positions, employment with the City of Casper is contingent upon a satisfactory driving record. A driving record that reflects any of the following criteria is considered unsatisfactory:
1) Convicted of three (3) or more moving violations within the previous 36 months (three separate, individual incidents);
2) A conviction within the previous 36 months of any of the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Fleeing to avoid arrest;
- Reckless Driving;
- Homicide or assault by motor vehicle;
- Driving without auto insurance;
- Driving on a suspended license;
- Refusal to take blood/breathalyzer test for suspected DUI or impaired driving.