Director for Non-Profit Agency that focuses on unaccompanied homeless youth ages 15-19 in Casper, WY and the surrounding area.
Mimi’s house is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization aimed at serving the unaccompanied homeless youth in Casper, Wy. We are searching for a director to help us achieve our goals and solidify our future. The Executive Director’s primary function is to
provide safe, secure, professionally managed housing for the homeless youth in the
community thru the implementation of the essential functions listed below. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors at the monthly board meetings and shall maintain regular communication, throughout the month, with the President/Chairman. If a career in advocating for unaccompanied homeless youth in Casper appeals to you, we encourage you to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for hiring staff,scheduling, and management to include scheduling staff training services/exercises, arrange pre-employment and random drug screening
- Daily troubleshooting and problem solving
- Fundraising Coordination
- Active attendance and participation of regularly scheduled Fundraising Committee meetings
- Secures specific sponsorships for various events and campaigns
- Oversee and attend all fundraising events/operations.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan for grant, sponsorship and contribution revenues
- Manage professional content for social media
- Create monthly goals, track and report progress monthly to the board including reports of grants awarded & requirements/stipulations
- With the direction of the board and treasurer, assist with matters regarding the budget.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and promotional plan that will enhance the image and position of Mimi’s House within the marketplace and to the public to include the use of general media, social media, and Public Relations events.
- Duties may include website management, social media, marketing materials, related programs
- Work with staff to plan, schedule, and implement training programs for the residents we serve that build or promote personal/job/life skills
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years nonprofit development experience
- Strong Public relations background
- Excellent understanding and demonstration of donor relations, volunteer recruitment and stewardship responsibilities.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite
- Background/basic understanding of Quickbooks (preferred) or other accounting software and principles specific to line-item budgeting.
- Proficient with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Excellent content management skills for social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Budget management experience
- Reliable transportation
- Grant writing experience (preferred)
- Professional communication skills
- A valid Wyoming Driver’s license & clean MVR
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Salary commensurate with education and experience