Front Desk Receptionist
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Cardiology Practice, 6 board certified cardiologists, 4 advanced care providers, 7 technologists, 3 registered nurses, our primary office, and 9 remote one-day outreach clinics throughout Wyoming, and the Banner - Wyoming Medical Center.
We are located in Casper, Wyoming!
Patient Flow Coordinators' department includes 9 co-workers. Staff of approximately 45 in the practice, including providers, at this time.
Position hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday.
Medical Receptionist (Check In) Job Responsibilities:
· Serves patients by greeting and helping them, checking in patients on the Phreesia software platform.
· Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
· Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
· Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying clinical staff and technologist of patient’s arrival via electronic systems.
· Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal demographics and patient insurance information.
· Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
· Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
· Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needing changes.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Medical Receptionist Qualifications / Skills:
· Electronic software/applications for a highly electronic office
· Telephone skills
· Customer service
· Time management
· Attention to detail
· Computer skills
· Keyboarding of 50 wpm+
· Quality focus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· College degree is an asset
· Familiarity with phone systems and computer software systems
· Experienced customer service.
· Medical terminology desired.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Detailed oriented.
Salary: $30,000.00+ /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19: We ask that you follow the CDC guidelines - wash hands periodically, wear a mask, etc.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location